Lehenga Style Saree Draping
Ditch the boring traditional draping and don your saree in a celebratory style. You will be pleasantly surprised to realize how easy it is to pull off a lehenga style just with the regular sarees in your closet. Georgette or chiffon works best for this style for obvious reasons. Lehenga and the styles associated with it are here to stay, so let’s get to it and learn the techniques.
What You Need
1. Chiffon or Georgette Saree
4. Safety pins
- Do the basic first round of neatly tucking the non-bordered part of the saree around the waist.
- When you’re done doing the first round of draping, toss it around the back, leaving some part of the fabric for the pleats.
- This style does not have any pleats at the front – they are made at the back. It is the back pleats that give the illusion of the saree being a lehenga.
- With the remaining part of the saree, make vertical pleats like you would for the Nivi style.
- Fling them to the back from over your left shoulder and secure with a safety pin.
- Pull the right side of the pleated pallu towards the right shoulder, and hurl it behind to ensure it is all intact in the front.
- Pleat the remaining material at the back and tuck it inside your inner skirt.
It’s just as simple as that, so go ahead, give this a try. Practice it a couple of times, just in case.