Retro/Mumtaz Style Saree Draping
Bring back the retro look in style, we could all use some drama! Especially the die-hard Bollywood fans. It is very easy to pull off. For sangeet or mehendi parties, or any Bollywood themed house parties, this is pure fun. Let’s reminisce the good old times and hum the superhit number of the time – ‘Aaj kal tere mere pyar ke‘ – and slay it in style.
What You Need
4. Safety pins
- To begin with, we’d say a chiffon or a georgette saree with a thin border works best because of its form-fitting texture.
- A sequinned blouse can be worn to compensate for the relatively simple saree.
- Do the basic round of tucking the saree around your waist.
- Start pleating, but make just a couple of them. Secure by tucking them below your belly button.
- Take the remaining part of the saree and toss it around your waist like the initial round, except you need to do the tuck at least above four or five inches from the first one.
- Make another round, and this time the tuck needs to be five inches above the second level.
- With the remaining part of the saree, make thin vertical pleats just like the Nivi style. From beneath your right arm, pin it up near the left side of your shoulder.
- You’re all set to rock the party!